If you are use to other blackberry like bold,curve and you are new on os 10 ,you need this tutorial. Blackberry z10 is somehow difficult if you are not use to it.but wit this tutorial your getting started blackberry z10 will be more simple.
First things first
To start out, you want to take it easy and make a few tweaks. For that we have some quick help guides for things like, setting up your device,using the Hub and more. Take a quick read through these guides getting started blackberry z10,with setting up and customizing your new Z10.
Set up your device
The first time your BlackBerry device starts after the battery is inserted, the Setup app opens. The Setup app needs a network connection, so make sure your device is connected to a mobile network or is within range of a Wi-Fi network. After the initial setup, you can open the Setup app by tapping the Setup icon on the home screen.
The Setup app prompts you to enter an existing BlackBerry ID or create a new one. If you are not sure if you already have a BlackBerry ID, on your computer, visit www.blackberry.com/blackberryid.
You can use the Setup app to:
- Add your email, BBM, instant messaging, and social networking accounts
- Set up your payment options for purchases you make from the BlackBerry World storefront
- Transfer data from a device running BlackBerry 7 or 7.1
- Customize and personalize your device settings
- Watch tutorials or open the Help app to learn more about BlackBerry 10 OS
Getting Started: BlackBerry Z10 – Official How To Demo
What makes my BlackBerry 10 device different from otherBlackBerry devices?
How do I get to the menu?
- To access menus in apps, at the bottom of the screen, tap . There is no Menu key on BlackBerry 10 devices.
- To access some options that you will use the most often, touch and hold an item on the screen. Menu items appear on the right side of the screen.
- To access different views or screens for some apps, at the bottom of the screen, tap .
What do I use instead of the Escape key?
- In many apps, you can tap Back to return to the previous screen.
- To minimize an app, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
How do I change my settings and options?
- To change your BlackBerry device settings and connect to mobile and Wi-Fi networks, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
- You can change the settings in an app by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping .
- In many apps, you can also tap to see other options.
Where are my ring tones and notification profiles?
- BlackBerry 10 OS includes the following built-in notification modes: Normal, Phone Calls Only, Vibrate Only, Silent, and All Alerts Off.
- You can quickly turn on Silent mode by swiping down from the top of the home screen and tapping .
- You can set custom ring tones for contacts in the Contacts app.
- To set notifications for particular types of messages, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings > Notifications.
HOW TO GET BACK TO YOUR HOME MENU
Looking for how to see your home menu.getting started blackberry z10 Just use the slider up as show in the figure below:
KNOWING YOUR DEVICE