how to start your own blog,Are you thinking of starting a blog to promote your business or profession, or do you just want to share your thoughts on a subject that you love? Blogging is either free or inexpensive, and you can get started in moments by creating a blog on a site like Blogger or WordPress. To develop your concept, launch your website and promote your writing, this article will show you what you need to get started. on how to start your own blog
- Ask yourself what you love, care about or wish to share with others.
- Think about how you want to help people.
- Spy on your competition.
- Generate some names for your blog
- Decide where to create and host your blog
Ask yourself what you love, care about or wish to share with others. If you’re going to write about something regularly and keep your blog fresh with new information, then you need to write about something that stokes your passion or that reflects your daily experience. Try some of these ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Politics. Sure, everyone has an opinion about politics, but you may have a unique point of view that needs to be heard.
- Food. Who doesn’t love good food? Share your recipes, start writing reviews of the local cuisine scene or write about how the food that you ate in China was nothing like the food that Chinese restaurants serve in the United States of America.
- Movies. Reviews of movies, old and new, are always fun for movie buffs. And if you keep it fresh by adding clips and pull from sources that nobody else is using, you could have a hit blog on your hands.
- Cars. Are you a car enthusiast? Post pictures of your favorite new models or reports from car shows.
- Your business. Your blog doesn’t have to be a hobby. A blog can be a fantastic tool for connecting with your customers and for providing them with helpful information.
Think about how you want to help people. While you want to know your broad subject area, you need to focus your blog topics more narrowly, so that it has a clear purpose. Here are some ideas for ways that your blog can connect with your intended audience:
- Teach something. If you’re passionate about a particular subject, and you have a lot of experience in that area, then you can offer your knowledge to both people who are new to the subject and others who are as experienced as you are.
- Provide the latest news and trends. Write about the latest developments related to your topic. You want to be someone who’s viewed as the ultimate insider so that you can continue to increase your blog’s readership.
- Make people laugh. Are you the funniest person you know? No matter what your subject area, you can present your experiences and thoughts in a humorous way that will really resonate with people.
- Inspire others. Have you overcome an obstacle, such as a serious illness or a difficult life experience? Do you want to turn your challenges into something that will inspire others to overcome their problems? If that’s the case, then make your blog inspirational.
- Know what not to blog about too. Your workplace, your coworkers, your family members, etc. may take a dim view of anything on your blog if it blows open secrets, shares confidential information, makes fun of people you work or live with, or causes other people trouble. Know the limits––check with your workplace what is and is not permissible by way of personal blogging and ask your mates and family before including them in your posts.
Spy on your competition. Take a look at other blogs on your topic to see what other people are already doing. Ask yourself what you have to offer that is different from what other people are already doing. Identifying your niche will give your blog an angle that distinguishes it from your competitors.
Generate some names for your blog. Try brainstorming a list of names and writing them on a piece of paper, or talk to friends and family to get ideas. You can also tryfreewriting to see what comes out of your mind as you free associate about your topic.
5 Research keywords related to your subject to help people find your blog. Go to a site like http://ubersuggest.org/
- Enter items that are relevant to your topic into the appropriate search field. You can search by word or phrase, by website or by subject.
- The tool will generate words or phrases associated with your topic. Pick the words that have a high number of monthly searches but have low to medium levels of competition. Try to include them in your blog name.
- Check these keywords from time to time when you’re writing a blog post. If you fit the keywords into your posts in a natural way, then search engines may be more likely to pick up on your blog and show it to people who are conducting searches about your subject.
Decide where to create and host your blog. Blogger and WordPress are 2 of the most popular blog creation sites on the Web.
- WordPress: With WordPress, getting started will take more time. However, you’ll find that WordPress has a wide variety of more sophisticated tools for enhancing and promoting your blog. You can purchase a custom domain name on WordPress for $18 per year or map an existing domain name to WordPress for $13 per year. If you want a free domain, you can use something likeyourblog.wordpress.com. It is also important to note that there is a difference between WordPress.com (free) and WordPress.org (self-hosted). The former restricts bloggers from making an income and while the latter does require set up on your own host, it then allows full access to your blog’s backend, full suite of features and improved SEO performance.
- Blogger: Google owns Blogger and has set it up for ease of use. Your blog will be extremely easy to set up and maintain, and you’ll have Google’s traffic management tools at your disposal. You can purchase a custom domain name for US$10 per year or you can get a free BlogSpot domain name such asyourblog.blogspot.com. If you already own another domain name, you can use it for no cost.
- Tumblr.com. This is a very handy, world-wide micro-blogging site. It provides a very friendly user interface and even helps place ads on your blog page to get you money. For more information read this article Create a tumblr account
- Webs.com: Webs is a website builder that has been around since 2001. Everything about this website builder is customizable with their drop-n-drag feature. What’s even better about this builder, is that you do not need any technical skills. Everything you need to know about what you want included in your blog is in front of you with easy to see/read options. Personal sites start free with no trial period. Of course if you want some enhanced features you will need to upgrade for a nominal fee.
Hope this article helps,
Next article i will be writing on starting a blog on wordpress