BVN have been a tough case few months ago,with the CBN extension of the deadline for the registration of the BVN, I will show you how you can easily use your mobile phone to submit your BVN 11 digit numbers to your other bank accounts.That is how to use SMS Dial To Register BVN.
BVN stands for Bank Verification Number. This tutorial is primarily for those that have already registered in another bank and want to submit their 11 digit BVN numbers to their other Bank accounts.
Procedures are below:
- Dial *919*6# from the mobile number that you used in registering
- Enter the 11 digits BVN number in the space provided and send
Alternatively, you can visit the physical branch of your Bank to register a new one or synchronize to your accounts.
Why register your Bank account?
According to the BVN website:
- A unique ID number shall be issued to every Bank customer at enrollment and linked to every account that the customer has in ALL Nigerian Banks
- Individuals shall be required to submit an acceptable means of identification as prescribed for enrollment
- Customers of banks shall be required to enroll within a fixed period after which they shall no longer be able to operate their Bank accounts.
- Capturing of all ten (10) fingers and facial image will be adopted.
- For authentication purposes, individuals performing banking transactions (e.g applying for loans) shall be required to identify themselves using their biometric features which will be matched against information in the central database.
- Update of customer information shall be done at their Bank Branches physically.
- Banks shall be prompted during account opening and credit check if a customer has been blacklisted by ANY Nigerian Bank.
- The BVN and unique features of an individual shall be used in conjunction with a PIN on a point of transaction.