HOW TO UNBRICK-FLASH MEDIA TEK(MTK)DEVICES
Hello i will be showing you how to flash or unbrick dead MediaTek(MTK) devices like Tecno,Gionee,infinix,THL etc.using SP Flash Tools.Just follow the steps below carefully and your phone will come back to life….kudos
Read the post from here before you follow the tutorial below very important!!
- Download and install MTK Drivers here OR
- Download and install MT65XX VCOM drivers from here or here (preferable)
- Download SP Flash tool(latest version is preferable) from here
- Download Stock rom of the devices you want to unbrick or flash .Get stock roms from here.
- Extract SP Flash Tool and launch the .exe
- Now click scatter-loading button so that flash process can begin:
- Locate the scatter file of the device.it will be inside the folder of the rom you downloaded
- Untick Preloader(not really necessary but a great precaution) tick this if the device is completely DEAD.
- Please make sure you untick DSP_BL if found on the list shown in SP FLASH TOOLS especially when trying to
- Flash devices with older chips like mt6572,mt6577 etc.
- Now click download button
- Power off the device and remove battery (if battery is built in don’t worry just continue).
- Most new devices now require battery for flashing.
- Connect the device to the computer with USB and wait for SP Flash Tool to detect it.
- Hold the volume down or volume up button and connect the device for easy detection.
- Once phone is detected a red line will be seen at the bottom followed by a yellow line.
- When flashing is completed ,a green tick is shown on the screen Older versions of sp splash will show a green circle ,
- Insert battery into the phone and reboot device>>>>>
- If see any pop up error while trying to flash your device,click here and see if the post can solve your problem.
All the best.
If your device boot loops after flashing ,do a factory reset.
Enter recovery by holding volume and power button.
when you see the android man press volume up and power button again to see menu list.
select factory reset>>>>>>
Reboot device and enjoy ……………
Don’t hestate to ask your questions using our comment box .Thank you